Sunday, November 13, 2011

Upcoming Trip!

As many of you know, one of the most exciting things to me about moving to China was the potential to travel with more ease and frequency.  Last month I took advantage of that by visiting a friend that I hadn't seen since college.  What a blessing to see her again and to meet her husband and boys!

Now, another amazing opportunity has presented itself to me.  My current boss, and her husband, both make regular trips to Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) and have invited Arianne and I along on one of these trips during our winter semester break.  Myanmar is often hit hard by natural disasters (such as cyclones), but the couple has told us of the amazing spirit of the people they have met while touring/traveling there.  They've also told us of the various orphanages in the country that they've been able to offer support to when visiting.  I'm pretty sure that I could not possibly be more excited about the chance to meet (and hug) some of these little guys!

I know some of you would relish this opportunity as much as I do, and so I would like you to have the chance to be involved if you so choose.  We're leaving the week after Christmas, and I know that's usually a tight time for everyone, but if you would like to send a gift to the kids or any family friends there, I'd be happy to deliver them.  Feel free to contact my dad, Richard Snow, at rrsnow@hotmail.com for more info.  Considering how long our winter break is, I'm pumped for all the travel opportunities I'll have (including reconnecting with old friends in Taiwan and meeting teachers from other campuses), but I'm definitely looking forward to this time as being meaningful in a different way.  Hey, and maybe I'll have a functional camera by then and post pictures of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. You better get a camera lady! I want to see pictures of your adventures! C'mon you live in China, don't they sell digital cameras on the street like people sell "rolex" watches in NYC?

    ReplyDelete