Wednesday, November 14, 2012

MidTerms, Glorious MidTerms

Giving and grading exams can be a lot of work.  The school requires the final exam for my lecture courses to have 5 sections, so I thought I'd give my students a taste of what that will look like on their midterms.

I walked into one class and this was on the blackboard:
Indeed.
Considering I have about 500 or so students, it's really in my the students' (It's all about the students.  Really.) best interest to design a test that won't take an infinite amount of time to grade...so short, simple answers it is!  Some of my favorites are below.
As opposed to all those immoral born Americans.

Oh, yes.  The good ol' days of feudalism.

My favorite vacation spot, hands down.


Sounds legit.

King Henry VIII's Religious Reformation - "To bring people to be perfect and build a warmly country."  Divorcing that pesky wife in favor of his mistress was just a bonus.

Think the Brits know?

Confucius, a strong pillar of Western culture.

Feeding people to lions, using them as torches...epitome of human rights, no?

Times were rough for Confucianists in post-colonial America.

I don't care if he's dead, he's the only acceptable candidate!
No, wait...there's one more!

My hand got away from me before I even realized while grading this one.

Appreciate your honesty.

Great news, Mom!

Those Romans were so forward thinking.

Maybe according to Thomas Hobbes.  (A little Enlightenment philosophy humor...anyone? Anyone??)

No, and it's not the state penitentiary either.



Yes, his desire to render himself useless simply could not be quenched.
I also had several answers to that last question stating that King Henry VIII wished to "devoice" his wife.  Call me a sucker, but I gave them credit - whether they intended to write "divorce," were referring to sending the first wife to a nunnery, or were referring to cutting off the second wife's head, it was certainly all an effective means of devoicing the women into a nice, quiet submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment