Sunday, November 4, 2012

On the Mend

Well, it was a pretty rough 24 hours, but now (in the following 24 hours) I've been successfully able to keep down a full glass of gatorade, a piece of toast and glass of ginger tea.  So, I'm calling it - I'm going to go ahead and say I'm on the road to recovery.  It only took me about an hour and a half to eat the piece of toast!

All the same, thank goodness!  Although I know the docs here are quick to give out IV drips for just about anything that ails you, I was certainly not anxious to be poked with a needle of unknown origin.  One paragraph in particular from Peter Hessler's River Town comes to mind when I think of local hospital needles.  (It's a great book that I recommend for anyone interested in what life can be like for foreign teachers in China - though written fifteen years ago, his university's in the same municipality as ours.)

Anyhow, I'm off to try and conquer more toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment